Should Teachers Be Able To Carry Guns: (Essay Example.
Teachers and other staff also might want to or be required to leave their guns when they go home for the day, or in other situations. Biometric safes would likely be best, Hardy said, since they.
The proposal to arm teachers as a means of curbing mass shootings is akin to an effort at secondary or tertiary prevention as it only seeks to reduce the damage of a shooting once it has already started. Such an intervention fails to get at the heart of true prevention, which in a public health perspective should address the risk factor of firearm access. It is necessary to emphasize that.
I strongly believe that teachers should carry guns, this is not to say that we should just hand them out to all teachers but if we had 2 or 3 trained and prepared adults watching over and protecting the students from themselves. 98.7% of school shootings world wide are committed by students, that leaves 1.3% caused by teachers, most of which with a war background and not control over those.
Idaho Sen. Jim Guthrie, R-Inkom, can see both pros and cons to allowing teachers and administrators to have guns at school.
Teachers should be allowed to carry guns if they choose to. If you live in a big city and there are a lot of kids in the school I see a bigger reason to have guns. We should not though force guns upon teachers. If they already have training or they own there own hand gun they should be allowed to take it. I see no reason to force teachers to get trained and carry a weapon if it makes them.
There are many pros and cons to carrying concealed weapons; both with strong arguments. One reason any citizen that does not have a criminal record should be able to carry a concealed gun is because it is a constitutional right. The Second Amendment in the US Constitution enforces the right for people to keep and bear arms. Another reason that a citizen should be able to carry a concealed.
According to government.com, 29.4% of students, teachers, and parents say that having arms with the teachers would greatly improve, most likely improve, and improve having firearms within the read of teachers. That would state that having arms or being within a range of obtaining firearms is safety. It is a fifty-fifty debate on whether or not teachers should carry guns with them in class on.